Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007



When a one-to-one meeting isn't going to work . . .




Several months ago, I made a card to give to people with whom I've scheduled a one-to-one. My regular business card has my work number and e-mail address, but the new card has my home and cell phone numbers on it. BUT, I almost always forget to give it to the person. Duh!




I had a one-to-one scheduled this morning with Joy McLeod of Artistic Memorials. She is ill this morning and lo and behold, I had not given her my 'extra' contact info. She had called the store to leave a message, but I didn't have the answering machine on (note to self: turn on the machine and update the message).




BUT fortunately, I always check my e-mail before I leave the house in the morning. Both Joy and her boss Jeff Pettit had left me an e-mail message explaining what was going on. Another meeting will be rescheduled soon.




Now I have two extra hours to do stuff that I should have done last night! I knew there was a reason why all I did last night was watch "24" and play on the computer.




Do you usually give 'extra' contact information to someone you're going to meet with?

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 2:59:00 PM EDT, Blogger Terry Willliams said…

    Beachwood4-5789, you can call me up for a date any old time.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 10:41:00 PM EDT, Blogger Debby said…

    I always give my cell number to those with whom I've scheduled appts. It is so frustrating for me to drive 20 - 30 minutes, wait 15 till I decide that I've been stood up and then try to figure out if I should drive back to my office or do something else with that unexpected time. It never fails that it is the time I've left the office without extra work in my portfolio or a book to read. Giving out the cell # does lessen the chances of the above scenario happening. Saves the enamel on my teeth too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home