Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Have you ever had a 3 hour one-to-one?



Well believe it or not, I did today. I met this morning with Lindsey Ruiz of Arbonne International. Louise Kahle of Take the Time: Image Matters, an image consulting business, brought the two of us together because we have the same target market - pregnant women or women with infants or small children.



Most of the time was spent talking about personal things as we have met before. One of Lindsey's best friends is the daughter of good friends of ours. I'm almost old enough to be Lindsey's grandmother, but we really connected on several levels.


We met at 10 am and after a while, I looked at my watch and thought it said 11:30 - a second look and I realized it was 12:30! Neither of us could believe it. I guess the old saying is still true - "Time flies when you're having fun."


We finally got around to talking about our businesses - I'll admit it wasn't as much fun but I think we'll be able to help each other a lot. I'd say mixing business and pleasure isn't always a bad thing.

What's the longest one-to-one meeting you've ever had?

3 Comments:

  • At Saturday, April 21, 2007 at 4:37:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You still have me beat, Sandy. But, I had an unplanned one-to-one a few weeks ago with someone in my referral group. Like a savvy networker would, she initiated a personal introduction to a prospect -- to a businessperson located in Adrian, MI. We chatted quite a bit during the 40-minute drive to and from plus spent another half-hour or so together over coffee once we got back to Toledo. The whole afternoon was a great learning experience for both of us!

     
  • At Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 9:57:00 PM EDT, Blogger Debby said…

    Sandy, the longest one-to-one I have had is with you on our trip to Pittsburgh -- 4 hours one way and 4 hours on the way back. Now I think it will take someone special to top that.

     
  • At Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 10:03:00 PM EDT, Blogger Sandy of Sandy's Stuff for Women said…

    Deb, I thought about our marathon one-to-one which was not only 8 hours in a car, but several hours at the networking event, in the bar afterwards, and in our hotel room.

    You're right - it would be pretty hard to break that record.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home