Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Saturday, March 17, 2007


Be very careful what you ask for!

You've heard that maxim before and I bet you can think of a situation where it was true. Well, my "wish" came true today, but not the way I wanted it.

Some of you may know that Dick and I lived in separate cities for ten years (1985 to 1995) and saw each other only on weekends - he in Toledo and me in Cleveland (for my career). I loved it!! I had never lived alone before and the freedom to shop when I wanted, eat what and where I wanted, etc., was wonderful. Of course, I missed him but I really enjoyed "my space."

I've been home for over 11 years now and once again, I never get to be alone. Don't get me wrong - I truly love every moment I spend with Dick, but an evening alone would be heaven. I finally got my chance! He registered for a seminar one night next week about 5 hours away (he wanted to get up in the middle of the night and drive straight through to the 9 am meeting, but I talked him into "splurging" on a motel room).

But it was not to be. 7:30 am today found us in the emergency room of a local hospital where he was eventually admitted and will be for at least the next 48 hours. (He's rather a private person and would not appreciate my revealing any details.) So am I excited and looking forward to being alone the next two nights? You bet your butt I'm not.

So, please, be very careful what you ask for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home