Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Sunday, January 21, 2007


Sometimes you've just got to play!

Several weeks ago while having dinner with a friend, Merri Bame, she told me what fun she and her partner Kim had recently while at Toys 'R Us - of all places! Merri had just read a book titled Little Money Bible (or something like that) and this exercise came from there -

They walked up and down all the aisles and talked about the different toys and games they had when they were children. And they talked about different games and toys they'd love to play with now. I don't think I get it, but Merri said they had a great time. Maybe it was about getting in touch with your inner child.

Her story made me think about playing games. We have a bunch of friends that we play euchre with on a regular basis (in case you don't know, that's a card game almost unknown outside of the Midwest). And when we're with our own grown kids, we often play a dominoes game called Chicken Foot.

We have tons of other games at home that I've bought here and there that we've never (or hardly ever) played. I wonder why.

What games do you like to play with your adult friends or family members? (Ones you can mention in this public forum.)

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, January 22, 2007 at 10:21:00 PM EST, Blogger Debby said…

    My son, Greg, and I play backgammon whenever we get together. He is not very nice to his old mother, as he almost never lets me win. Another game our family likes is Cranium. We have laughed so hard at one or the other of us trying to hum something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home