Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007


Doesn't technology just blow your mind?

Our youngest son Paul just gave us and our son Dave each a webcam. It is the neatest thing in the world.

Those of you who know me well are all too aware of the role that my 18-month old granddaughter Emme (Dave is the dad) plays in my life, my heart and my soul. My universe revolves around her. They were just home for four days over Christmas (they live in Washington state), but I missed her minutes after they left. (Yes, that is our small cat that she's almost sitting on).

Tonight was techno-time! For the first time, we were all on the webcam, talking and looking at each other in real time. She looked as fascinated as I was. She not only waved and threw kisses, but she leaned over and kissed the screen. Our long-distance love affair will never be the same.

What piece of technology has made the biggest impact on your life?

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 7:50:00 PM EST, Blogger Debby said…

    Well this will date me, but the fax machine was a huge impact. And all you youngins' can stop smirking NOW. I was selling payroll service when our company got its first fax. In those days I would have to drive to a prospective client to physically accept a voided check from them so we could then duplicate the account number and all the funny little symbols when we produced the payroll for that client. If the drive was fifty miles away, it was a real time killer to make the round trip. With the fax, what had been a two hour waste became just a couple minutes of my time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home