Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Sunday, November 19, 2006


What is your favorite type of book?

I love true crime books. I think The Boston Strangler was the first one I ever read, probably back in the early 70's. I was hooked.

Other than business books and an occasional crime fiction book (usually when my husband has just finished it and can't stop raving about it), I almost exclusively read true crime. My favorite author is Ann Rule and I've read all of hers.

I guess I am just fascinated by the dark side of the human soul. But I worry what this says about me. I've often said that if I'm ever suspected of committing a violent act, the cops would have a field day with my personal library and my public library record (I can't remember if they're allowed to see that or not.).

What is your favorite kind of reading and what do you think that says about you?

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, November 20, 2006 at 10:25:00 PM EST, Blogger Tana M. Schiewer said…

    Because my time is so limited, I don't really get to read like I used to. I suppose I should say that I don't MAKE the time...anyway, what that means is that most of the books I DO end up reading are business-related, plus I read bits and pieces of natural health/herbal healing type books.

    When I DO get to read, I love John Grisham. I like law, and so I love stories about the law. I also absolutely adored the Harry Potter series. I was so addicted to it that I read the first 6 books in a two-week span of time. (I started late in the series, can you tell?) And, of course, as you may or may not have already guessed, I spend a lot of time reading and re-reading the bible, and reading books that complement it. Right now I'm in the middle of Girl Meets God and Velvet Elvis.

    Whenever I retire and have lots of time to read, I figure I can always dip into my husband's library. But considering it's already at over 750 books, I think it'd take me quite a bit of time to catch up! ;-)

     
  • At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 8:07:00 AM EST, Blogger Debby said…

    I love reading non-fiction about outdoor adventures. Last week on the plane to LA I read "Rowing to Latitude" by Jill Fredston. She and her husband are avalanche experts and in the summer months for fun they row several thousand miles exploring coastlines as far as Greenland and as near as their home state of Alaska. Currently I am reading her book about Avalances which is equally spellbinding.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 9:04:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Most of my reading now is with my boys. We read nearly every night before bed. One my favorite books is Shel Silverstein's, "The Missing Piece Meets the Big O." Read this book and hopefully you will "learn to roll" (if you are not already). My other favorite is Dr. Seuss's, "The Lorax." Great lesson on the effects of greed.

    I guess I like books that present morals which opens to a discussion with my boys. I LOVE our quiet time together and hearing their interpretation of the stories.

    ....Now, put me on a sandy beach, ocean waves crashing near by and the sun beating down on my skin. I have the latest edition of Cosmo Magazine.....How's that for a switch?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home