Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Charity of the Month This spring I started a Charity of the Month program. Each month a different non-profit organization is selected to receive either a financial donation (via a portion of sales on designated days) or donations from customers of needed items. One month, for example, I collected household cleaning supplies and baby items for Bethany House, a local shelter for victims of domestic violence. In July, a portion of sales over two days was donated to Harbor Behavioral Healthcare, a local non-profit that provides mental health services. How do you support your favorite charity?

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 7:30:00 AM EDT, Blogger Debby said…

    Every year I walk in the Race for the Cure, even when I don't want to. I could pay for my entry fee and not walk, but I would feel like I am cheating.

    Additionally, at each graduation of our course, a class MVP is picked. That person's (all class members are surveyed at the beginning of the class series at to their favorite charity) favorite charity is invited to the graduation and the charity is given a small check from us on behalf of the MVP student.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home