Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Are you approachable?

An author and entrepreneur by the name of Scott Ginsburg has worn a nametag day and night for almost 6 years. He has discovered that it makes him "approachable." People are always comfortable asking him if he forgot he has a nametag on, or wondering why he's wearing it, or whatever. He's even categorized the different types of responses.

I was reminded of this philosophy recently when my husband and I were in Las Vegas to celebrate our anniversary. A woman sitting near us at breakfast the first morning was wearing a "Phantom of the Opera" t-shirt. We were going to be seeing it in a few days and he started talking to her and her husband about it.

We're big "Phantom" fans and she told us about a limited edition collectible poster that we ended up buying for our family room. This poster isn't highlighted in any way in the show's gift shop. Had we not talked to her (and only because of her shirt), we wouldn't have ever known about it.

What is it about you that makes people want to approach you?

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 at 8:00:00 PM EDT, Blogger Debby said…

    I would like to know that because I have heard more times than I want, that certain people are afraid of me. It makes me mad and laugh at the same time. Mad because that is not me, and laugh because that is SO not me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home