Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I love learning new stuff!

One of the very best lessons I learned from the Certified Networker program is the value of helping others. And one of the very best ways to help people is to connect them with someone else that they've identified as potential referral partners.

Recently a member of my BNI chapter, Brent Lehman of Midwest Mortgage, asked for personal introductions to Certified Public Accountants. Having recently met two CPA's, I was able to set up meetings for Brent with both of them.

Now, I obviously know what mortgage people do and I had some idea of what CPAs do, but did I get smarter when I brought these two professions together! The two accountants, Jeff Ogg and Gay Herman, are both in business for themselves. Their practices vary slightly but they both are in a position to help Brent and vice versa. And now I know how.

And I'd heard the term "reverse mortgage," but had no idea what it was and its advantages. Now I feel so much better prepared to help Brent myself when I see a need.

What specific advantage have you gained as a result of using the principle "Givers Gain?"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home