Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007


What would "WHO" do?
In a conversation several weeks ago with Anita Dotson of Corporate Intelligence Consultants (who does background checks on potential tenants), we were discussing our mentors - the person or persons who have helped us achieve success in our businesses.
It turns out we have a mentor in common! Debby Peters, owner and Director of Training for the Certified Networker Program, has been a huge factor in not only helping us, but hundreds of other local business people.
She is truly a networking guru. (I'd love to share details with anyone interested in becoming a part of the wonderful Certified Networker community).
I told Anita that the other person I consider my idol and mentor specifically in the resale world is Donna Speigel (center photo). Donna opened her first resale shop in Cincinnati 27 years ago! She now owns 13 of them. She is a beautiful woman inside and out (doesn't she remind you of Jackie Kennedy?) and she and her husband are very involved in the Cincinnati-area community (a future post will be about the school she founded a year ago).
Do you recall the acronym WWJD? It stands for "What would Jesus do?" Well, frequently when I have a business dilemma, I think "WWDD?" ( "What would Donna do?")
And Anita pointed out that for both of us, WWDD also stands for "What would Debby do?"
Who is your mentor? What initial goes here for you . . .WW_D?

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 7, 2007 at 5:52:00 PM EST, Blogger Terry Willliams said…

    Sandy, I'm such a handsome guy and single, why don't you ever put my picture on yor Blog??????

    Awake in Toledo

     
  • At Sunday, March 11, 2007 at 2:20:00 PM EDT, Blogger Debby said…

    Hey Sandy, thank you very much for the accolade. I think my person I will put in the space would be Rita. I used to be a graduate assistant for Rita's Dale Carnegie classes that she taught. I learned so much from her about leading a classroom full of people and having each one feel good about themselves. Not I must admit that I am still in progress, but Rita was my mentor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home