Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Monday, April 23, 2007




I'm so tired I could cry.


Have you ever felt that way? Like you could lie down on a bed of nails and sleep for a day without moving a muscle? That's where I am right now. But I can account for how I
got here . . .


I worked in my store Saturday until 5 and it was very busy (that's a good thing). I spent the rest of the night (until early morning, actually) getting ready for Sunday. Sunday found us leaving the house at 7 am enroute to Perrysburg and Lima where my friend Betty (who also owns a resale shop) and I loaded up a bus full of 50 women and we headed for Cincinnati.


There we visited 7 resale shops owned by our friend Donna Speigel. Half of the bus were veteran "bus trippers" (this was our 12th or 13th trip) and half were newbees. We provide breakfast, lunch and snacks and beverages all day long. In addition, Donna and her staff provided goodies all day - from champagne mimosas in the morning to ice cream cakes and wine at our last stop. (Hey, we're not driving.)


On the way down, we play games (with prizes, of course) and on the way home, we figure out how much we all spent and reward those who spent the most and bought the most unusual item. One woman even bought a huge sofa with matching chair! (It's amazing how much fits into the bottom compartments of these buses).
The day wrapped up with a movie on the bus (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Liz Taylor and Paul Newman - we usually watch a new release, but we loved this old 0ne). I got home about 9:00.
By the time I showed my husband everything I bought for myself and Emme, our granddaughter, it again was after midnight and I fell into bed.
Was out of the house again this morning at 7 am to attend a meeting and then at the store until after 6 pm. Once again, the store was busy. And how could I forget I also attended a business luncheon.
But you know what? Writing this blog post has reminded me of how much fun I had yesterday, how much I learned today, how many delightful people I encountered in the past two days, and how great sales have been. You know what? I feel pretty great. Life is goooood.
Have you ever felt guilty complaining about things that actually were wonderful?

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home