Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

I have the most interesting customers . . .


Last week, in one workday, I had two of the most interesting customers I've ever had. Good thing I keep my camera with me.


Early in the day, a woman came in to see if I would buy her maternity clothes. Last summer, she had extremely premature twins, both under two pounds, who only lived a few minutes.


She memorialized her babies with a tattoo - a permanent visible memory of the babies she lost. I'm not big on tattoos, but this one is different.



On her right shoulder blade is a sitting angel with the babies names and birthdate above and the actual size of their tiny feet below. She was proud to show it to me and didn't mind at all when I asked if I could photograph it. She'd been asked before.

What is the most interesting tattoo you've ever seen?

I'm going to save the other customer's story for my next blog. The story (and photo!) is quite different - you won't want to miss it.

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, April 29, 2007 at 5:47:00 PM EDT, Blogger Terry Willliams said…

    Sandy I don't know that my tatoo is that unusual but I am still proud of it. It is the Marine Corps Bulldog with the term "Devil Dog". A name allegedly given to the Marines by the Germans due to the fierce fighting tactics of the USMC.

    Semper Fi.

     
  • At Sunday, April 29, 2007 at 8:05:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The summer I was 18, I worked for a physical therapist in a tiny clinic near Addison, Michigan. One of our patients was a 83-year-old man who had the words "Toledo Kid" tatoo'd on his arm, near his wrist.

    I asked him about the story behind the tatoo, and he said my ears were not old enough to hear it! No matter how much I asked him that summer, he would NOT tell me. And, I am still curious!

     
  • At Monday, April 30, 2007 at 8:01:00 AM EDT, Blogger Angie Weid said…

    When I went on my Habitat for Humanity trip last year, one of my fellow volunteers had the images from "Where the Wild Things Are" tattooed down his entire right arm. It was amazing! Beautiful, too!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home