Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007


A lesson learned from a new friend

I recently had a one-to-one meeting with a woman who has so many admirable traits. I like to think of myself as a “good” person, but every once in a while, I get my comeuppance.

I don’t know how the conversation started, but Margie and I were talking about gossip. I told her I love a good juicy story. She said she hated gossip and refuses to not only repeat it, but she also won’t listen to it.

Then I said, “…unless it’s true.” Her immediate reply, “No, especially if it’s true,” really made me think. When I asked her why, I so admired her moral code.

She said, “Just think if there was something (true) about you that you really didn’t want other people talking about. How awful it would be to have that story being repeated to other people.”

I had never thought about it in that way - I guess I used to think if a story was true, that it was okay to repeat it.

Thanks, Margie, for a lesson learned. I will highlight your business in my next blog post as another way to say “thank you.”
What lesson have you learned lately from a surprising source?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home