Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Friday, June 29, 2007

Eight random thoughts about me . . .



I have accepted a challenge from my friend Angie (see her blog at http://www.iorganizeyou.blogspot.com/). I am listing 8 random thoughts about me and will then challenge four friends listed below to comment here on 3 random thoughts about themselves:

a. Terry W.
b. Merri
c. Laura
d. Karen

1. I had the worst complexion in the world from my pre-teen through high school years. I was popular before that but after that I was called "pimples." This was incredibly painful to my psyche and self-image. Makes me sick to even relate this now.



2. I always wanted to see the Great Pyramids of Giza (Egypt) before I died. We were there 11 years ago - although I'm glad I went, it was rather disappointing. Have no desire to go back.



3. From 1964 -1984, I had a best friend. Twenty years of a wonderful, close friendship even though she moved to the West Coast. Then something happened - I'm not sure either of us will ever understand what - but we then had NO CONTACT for the next 20 years. She reached out to me 3 years ago and we're now back in each others' lives. I wish I talked to her more and let her know how much I value our relationship. 4. I don't do housework. And I don't cook except by prior appointment and special request.


5. I always wanted to visit the Greek Isles. Did that also 11 years ago. They are heaven. I want to go back.



















6. The best trip I ever took was to Italy (you know you're getting old when you can't remember when you went somewhere) - 9 days with a group of 29 friends on a wine and gourmet food excursion - Rome and south - the Amalfi coast is to die for - hope I get to go back.


7. Two things I always wanted to do - have never done them and probably never will:
i) sky diving


ii) snow skiing





8. All of the above exciting trips I've taken were when I was in health care management. I now own my own business. The current budget does not allow for such extravagance - glad I did it when I could.

Now I hope to hear from each of you that I've e-mailed . . . tag. You're it.







3 Comments:

  • At Saturday, June 30, 2007 at 5:24:00 AM EDT, Blogger Terry Willliams said…

    Only three???? Hummmm, OK.

    1.As I reflect back on my life I have a lot of things that I am proud of. But of the things that
    I will always take pride in is my service to my country in a time in which it was very unpopular.

    I joined the Marines in high school after seeing a Marine recruiter at school and being told by one of my high school teachers that I should read a book called "See Parris and Die".

    It was a book about recruit abuse at Parris Island SC. After reading it I thought, I have to join now.

    I remember the day I told my mom and how she cried because she was afraid I would be killed in Viet Nam. I wasn't, damaged maybe?

    2. Something that I struggle with is the death of my parents and feeling alone. They are both buried at Ottawa Hills and I drive by there almost daily. I want to stop but I always feel so drained when I leave. I often feel guilty that I don't stop more often. In fact I've teared up just thinking about it.

    3. I still talk to my very first real girlfriend. We don't talk often but every 3 to 4 months. We have a bond that will never be broken. She wound up marrying my best friend at the time. I was the his best man.

    Him and I don't speak anymore. Also the bond I was speaking of is our friendship, no I never slept with her. Thought about it, but never did. I think I'll call her today...............................................not for that.

     
  • At Saturday, June 30, 2007 at 7:42:00 AM EDT, Blogger Merri said…

    In looking at Terry's contribution, I'm reminded to stick with 3 things:
    1. I just finished 10 sun salutations. I once learned them when I did joint work with the University of Findlay's Theatre professor. At the time, it looked like she was doing yoga (she was), and that to me meant, she was exercising a Buddhist or Muslim prayer ritual (she wasn't). Guess that says a lot about my sheltered thinking.
    Today, I know that these sun salutations - stretches and breathing exercises - make me feel extremely flexible and ready for the day. I love them. Even on my day off!

    2. I'm a real kid at heart. I can tell, because when I'm around kids, my "kid valve" opens and everything that comes out of my mouth is a quip, one that actually produces laughter instead of sarcasm.
    Once I buy my "comfort" bicycle, I'll feel even more like a kid, on a regular basis.

    3. It is so easy for me to cry.

    Years ago I realized that I am sensitive to certain needs around me. I can tell by the energy of the space I'm in that moments of truth are happening, and that I'm present to make a difference during those moments.

    My minister once told me, "Merri, pay attention to the things that make you feel this way. Notice what kind of things give you these sensations."

    I haven't figured it all out yet, because that's intellectual. What I get is spiritual - soulful. I just know to become present and concerned.

    Sandy, you trigger many of these moments for me.
    merri

     
  • At Saturday, June 30, 2007 at 9:47:00 AM EDT, Blogger Angie Weid said…

    Sandy, You ROCK!!

    Thanks for excepting my challenge. You made me smile.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home