Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Friday, August 10, 2007

Networking really does work!

I recently had the opportunity to help someone in need of making some connections in the medical community. I was able to personally introduce two area physicians to a woman producing a play about childbirth. The four of us met for a relaxing breakfast just to get acquainted. I know the pediatrician because of my store and I know the OB/GYN because she's a member of my Toledo Maternity Network.

I had another meeting to attend so after about 30 minutes, I had to move on, confident that the three of them would do what needed to be done. I'm happy to report that every thing went as planned. After the play (being presented on September 15th), there will be a "talkback" session where audience members can ask questions and get more information. Both physicians agreed to be part of this panel. And one of the physicians is going to lend financial support to the production.

It feels so good to be able to do this - it cost me nothing and it didn't require any real "work," just a few phone calls and some of my time. Did it make me look good? I hope so. Is that why I did it? Of course not. I did it because I could and because I know people. To me, that's what networking is all about. If I didn't take the time to get to know so many people, I wouldn't have known how to help in this particular instance. It's not something I would have been comfortable asking my own physician because I don't know her on the same level as I do these others.

When was the last time you were able to hook up people simply because you knew the right people?

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, August 10, 2007 at 7:59:00 PM EDT, Blogger Louise Kahle said…

    You said you "took the time" to do this. Truly, taking the time really matters, because, image matters! It is not only about your appearance, but about what you will do to "take the time" to help others!
    Sandy, you are a woman of substance and I am proud to count you as my friend.

     
  • At Friday, August 10, 2007 at 9:28:00 PM EDT, Blogger Debby said…

    And while you are making this all happen, you are also chairing the committee for a big, charity networking event for me. Thank you Sandy for all you do. Joe Francis and I had lunch today with another expectant father and Joe told him about your store. Then we told Sandy stories. You certainly add to the world and help to make it go around in a fun way. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that the tenth anniversary celebration of your store is also coming up in September, too?

     
  • At Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 12:28:00 PM EDT, Blogger Terry Willliams said…

    I love Sandy too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home