Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007




Things I learned while researching something else. . .

I'm sure many of you have done that - found something cool when you were looking for something else. There's a word for it - serendipity.

Yesterday I made a very short presentation on blogs at a networking luncheon. Although I all too often put off my research to the very last minute, I spent a significant amount of time over the weekend on this. I did a similar presentation several months ago to another group and I wanted new info for yesterday's.

One of the most interesting things I discovered is how powerful blogs can be - there are lots of employers who now check the blogosphere (cool word, huh?) for information on prospective employees - people really need to be careful what they say - you never know who may someday read it.
It's probably much more difficult to fire somebody because of what they may have posted on a blog site, but I'm sure it's possible and probably been done.

Just this past Sunday, it was reported that a blogger, of all people, discovered a mistake that NASA had made on the most recent space journey.

And the most interesting blog site I stumbled upon is http://www.isawyournanny.blogspot.com/.



Anyone who's witnessed a nanny at work who has done or said something that a parent may want to know about can post all of the details. I'm sure that there are watchful parents who check this out regularly.
Think twice, Miss Nanny, before swearing or swatting at that kid.

You're reading this, so you have internet access. Search out an interesting blog and then tell me here what you've found. It'll be fun.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home