Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bad timing . . . no, really bad timing

What was I thinking? Not to put a damper on it, but it seems my business may not sell (but I'm retiring, anyway). Could I have chosen a worse time? I have sat down and had discussions with nine people who were seriously interested in buying the store. After hearing the details, they were all still interested.

So what happened? (Frankly, I'm shocked that I've only heard back from less than half of them.) The ones who got back to me are unable to follow-through for one of two reasons: either a) they can't get a loan, blaming the economy; or b) they're just not comfortable giving up a "real" job with a known income at this time, again blaming the economy.

What's a woman to do? SELL IT ALL!

I will be fully retired by the end of the year, so my clearance of inventory has begun. If you've shopped my store, you know how reasonable my prices have always been. So hold on to your hat (or your coat, jacket, etc.) and be prepared for even lower prices. And every week from now on, the discounts get bigger. This week, it's 20% off, next week, it's 30%, etc. But of course, the longer you wait, the less of a selection you'll have.

Come in and help this old woman have a happy retirement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home