Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Worst movie I've ever seen . . .

and I'm not happy about it.

Yesterday afternoon, Dick and I went to the movie theater to see a comedy (I'm using this term very loosely) released this week called "Tropic Thunder." I'd seen several of the actors on Good Morning America and Live with Regis and Kelly earlier in the week (namely Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey, Jr.). The discussions and the trailers piqued my interest. But it was the review in our local paper, The Toledo Blade, that made me decide I wanted to see it.


Worst movie I've ever seen - it was over-the-top vulgar, gross, disgusting, lame, uninteresting, stupid, offensive to the senses in general and to women and mentally-challenged persons in particular- get the picture? The only people I think would enjoy it would be 12-year-old boys , as there was lots of bathroom humor (and I'm using the term 'humor' very loosely), but they aren't old enough to see it.

Now I am not a prude. I have no problem with adult language or tastefully done nudity in movies; I don't like violence in movies, but this movie's violent scenes were incredibly distasteful and done for comedic effect.

I do understand this movie was supposed to be satire/a spoof.

I re-read the newspaper review when we got home - the Blade reviewer, Kirk Baird , gave it a glowing recommendation. Maybe the paper lets 12-year-old boys write movie reviews.

I have totally lost respect for the actors in this film as well as the Blade movie reviewer. (One of my sons said, "Mom, that's what you get for reading the Blade!")

I don't think I'll be reading movie reviews for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home