Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's about time, hey?
Some of my good friends have been asking me to write a blog post. Everybody is busy, but since I last posted, I have: worked 39 days in the store, attended 6 business meetings (not including BNI) and 1 networking mixer, attended 11 BNI meetings and made a presentation at 5 of them, attended or taught 11 hours of BNI training, organized one and went on two out-of-town resale bus trips to Cincinnati, attended a 3-day BNI conference in Orlando, spent 6 days in Washington with the cutest 2-year-old in the world, set up two fashion shows and conducted one, attended two fund-raisers and volunteered for one of them, attended another library Author!Author! talk, held a two-day fund-raiser at the store, organized and conducted an outdoor sale at the store, spent a weekend in Dayton for a family funeral, and attended 6 Mud Hens games and 3 Little League baseball games.

But I am not complaining - I wouldn't have done anything differently. I love my life and am easily bored. I've also been able to spend time with good friends and eat at our friends' restaurant an average of twice a week. And I've
completed two online crossword puzzles a day and
played a few hundred games of Scrabble.


And believe it or not - I consider myself lazy! I really do. If I have no evening plans, when I come home from the store, I do nothing - my husband cooks dinner or we carry in or eat out; I check e-mail; I put my PJ's on as soon as it's dark; and I vegetate in front of the TV (I love reality shows) and read in bed.

But cooking, laundering and cleaning? Not in my schedule. Is my house a mess? Yes. Do I have a huge mound of dirty clothes? Yes. (One of the advantages of having so many clothes.) Do I feel guilty? No way. I'm not proud of this - it just is what it is. I know women who spend most of their free time doing these chores and they seem pretty miserable to me.


Ok - I've aired my dirty laundry (really, no pun intended). Why don't you share some of your 'dirt' here? I sure can commiserate with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home