Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Monday, May 26, 2008

The facts on "fakes"

Friends and acquaintances have quit inviting me to 'purse parties.' I thank them. I went to one a couple of years ago and only bought a pair of $30 fake Chanel sunglasses that broke within two weeks. (Thus, a major difference between the real designer goods and the knockoff goods is that the latter lack quality.) But I couldn't believe the prices of the fake designer purses !! I go wholesale shopping in Chicago several times a year and the fakes are so cheap there. Talk about a ripoff.

But the price is not why I don't buy fakes. I don't buy fakes because it's illegal. It's illegal to sell them (even if they're clearly marketed as not being authentic) and it's illegal to own them. People often don't believe me when I tell them that, but do your own online search or visit narts.org/shopping/fakes.htm and see for yourself. This website has tons of links to other sites that you can explore.

Yes, there's a store here in Toledo that almost daily has an ad in the paper announcing "designer look-a-likes" for sale. Don't ask me why the paper continues to publish the ads. And don't ask me why the practice continues although rumor has it they're more careful after getting in trouble several years ago.

I love (or used to) authentic Louis Vuitton handbags. But I'll never carry one because they're so many fakes out there. So whenever I see someone carrying one, my first thought is, "It's probably a fake."

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, but check out the facts online if you don't believe me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home