Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

What fur?
Story #1

I have 3 beautiful faux (fake) fur coats right now. They’re visible, but behind the counter so they don’t ‘walk away.’ A couple came in this morning and the guy spotted the coats and spoke with disdain about them, loudly proclaimling,. “I can’t believe anybody would ever wear a fake fur” and then went on and on about how cool real furs were. They had just walked in, so he didn‘t have a clue as to who else may have been in the store (or what they were wearing).

Before they left, he proceeded to ask for a discount on a $10 costume jewelry ring. He didn’t get a discount and didn’t buy the ring. Go figure.

Story #2

Young woman walked into the store about 4:15 this afternoon and started to tell me about the beautiful brand new wedding dress she wanted me to buy or consign. I nicely told her that I don‘t take in wedding dresses. She then looked behind the counter, turned up her nose and said, “But you take furs?” My answer - “Yes, because they sell."
Because she just stood there quizzically looking at me, I said, "Wedding dresses don’t.”

She made a face and left.
Ladies, PLEASE don't buy a wedding dress unless you're sure it's what you want and you understand that 99% of the time, nobody else wants it when you're done with it, whether you've worn it or not. It's the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home