Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008


I just might lose my "wife card!"
I haven't been responsible for the household grocery shopping in years. It all started when I lived in Cleveland from 1985-95 during the week and only came home on (most) weekends. My husband became the grocery shopper, cook, etc. I only had to occasionally grocery shop for myself in Cleveland.


I didn't miss it at all. And even after I moved back to Toledo, I avoided it as much as I could. Fortunately, because my husband would rather eat than breathe, he likes to grocery shop.


For two reasons, I'm going to be grocery shopping again: I am retiring soon and my husband just started a part-time job. I told him that I would take over this task at least one day a week.


I was off both Saturday and Sunday last weekend and he had to work both days (delivering for Bartz-Viviano florists). So I ventured out! What a reality check: first were the prices. He'd been telling me about the rising costs, but seeing it for myself was quite a shock.


And I made a huge mistake - everything looked so good, that I bought way too much - and a lot of it had to be eaten within 24 to 48 hours.


Needless to say, we've eaten very well for the past 2 days.




So, do you have any good grocery store stories?

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 8:52:00 PM EDT, Blogger Terry Willliams said…

    Sandy, as a single male and living alone, cooking is a task that I don't look forward too.

    I try to shop at the same store so I can remember all the things I need.

    The amazing part of groceries is all the choices you have in so many different foods. I need to find a nice wife to share these things with.

    I would worship her and never talk back and always be a good boy. I have a nice home( ask Sandy) and I am funny and handsome and witty and smart and a good kisser and modest.

    If you would like a test kiss I'll meet you at Sandys so she can supervise.

    This is kind of like grocery shopping isn't it?

    Must like dogs.....

     
  • At Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 8:56:00 PM EDT, Blogger Sandy of Sandy's Stuff for Women said…

    Let's make it clear that the only comment that you said "ask Sandy" about was about your nice home.

    And in fact, you have a fantastic, huge, beautiful home.

    You know a nice woman - marry her.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 21, 2008 at 9:09:00 PM EDT, Blogger Angie Weid said…

    Terry, you crack me up!

    Must like dogs, too ....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home