Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Saturday, November 24, 2007


It really is all about "target market"

Earlier this week, I was among several guests of a friend, Ellen Critchley, who treated us all to a local concert. At dinner beforehand, my friend and I were talking about my target market for my business, pregnant women. Ellen and I are graduates of a business course, Certified Networker, which taught us how to identify and then market to a specific type of customer, no matter what one's business is.




Another guest whom I'll call "B", whom I'd just recently met, wondered what the heck that was about. B knew I owned a consignment store for women (she had never been in my store before), but why pregnant women? I told her I had the largest selection of maternity clothes in the area. But she still didn't understand. Ellen and I tried to explain the merits of doing this.

But the proof that having a target market really works happened yesterday - B came into my store and bought $100 worth of maternity clothes for her pregnant daughter!




Now that's what I'm talking about.


So what is your target market? (Ask me if you'd like to know more about this subject. I know just the person who could teach you all about it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home