Sandy's Stuff for Women

I own a woman's clothing and accessories store in Toledo, OH. We have 3300 sq. ft. of both new and resale items. We specialize in maternity items (the largest selection in the area) and women's size clothing (the largest selection in a resale shop in the area. RESALE ROCKS!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

I am thankful. . . Part I

Thanksgiving is of course the traditional time to express what you are thankful for. But for the last few months, I've become to realize that being grateful and expressing gratitude is the path to happiness. So I'll warn you that this is a long post because I'm thankful for so many things (and thus I'm so damn happy!).


I attended a networking luncheon earlier this week and as each person introduced themselves, we were asked to answer the question, "What are you thankful for?"



My answer may have seemed silly but I was serious: "I am thankful for my parents for giving me the foundation for who and what I am today. And I'm thankful for my husband who patiently tolerates the cracks in that foundation."



These aren't in any particular order, but I am so grateful for:




- my wonderful husband of over 41 years, Dick, who (sometimes begrudgingly) lets me be me


- my son Dave who's a successful businessman, husband and father


- my daughter-in-law Jan who has faithfully loved Dave since they met in '88 at OSU (go Bucks!), provides an artistic aura to their life and gave birth to the most beautiful child in the world











- my beautiful 2 year old granddaughter Emme (Emerson Ann) - whom most of you who know me are probably surprised I didn't list first


- my son Paul who is the artist and the musician in the family, writing and singing his own songs and who has founded and played guitar in more "garage bands" than I can remember


- my daughter-in-law Angie who has brought much-needed structure and organization to Paul's life







- my almost 20-year-old granddaughter Leslie who reminds me what it's like to be young and idealistic

- my good health and the good health of my family










- my broad spectrum of wonderful circle of friends which widens frequently.









I know there's more, but this list makes me realize that, by gosh, maybe I am a people person!


So what are you thankful for?

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, November 23, 2007 at 9:48:00 AM EST, Blogger Debby said…

    Sandy, I am so thankful that our Master Mind group gave a strong connection. Without that I would not know you as this wonderful, fun, and just as opinionated as I, lady. You are one who makes me laugh out loud and I do love that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home